Just a heads-up that Saturday 12th August is a new event for our club, this year, in response to a number of requests for a non-competitive scale event.
All members are invited, and visitors are welcome.
The event will run from 8am to 5pm and will include:
1) Barbecue - the gas barbecue will be available for all members to use. Please bring your own food and drinks. The club won't be catering this one
2) Scale fun fly - no judging, no competition, just a general scale sport event
3) open and sport flying - bring and fly whatever you want
4) Quirky stuff - we'll have a lighthearted competition for people who like flying diesels, vintage, autogyros, flying toilet seats and other wierd stuff - especially home designed!
5) Boot sale - bring your own tressle and try and shift your treasure (and trash). This replaces the trash and treasure acution for this year
6) Racing - tiger/scanner, open IC pylon, open electric pylon, and maybe some slow stuff as well.
The idea is that this will be a casual event, all for fun, and we hope that members and their families will come along and support it.
Another great glider day, finally, on 25th March 2017. Click here to open and read the full report (give it a few moments to download).
GLIDER DAY POSTPONED UNTIL 25/3
With predicted temperatures of 41 degrees or more at Belrose on Saturday afternoon 11th Feb, our noble competition director has wisely postponed the glider event.
The new date will be Saturday 25th March to allow for other events both at WRCS and at other clubs.
The fun fly and pylon comps, scheduled for Saturday 4th March, have been postponed due to the weather.
Revised date will be Saturday 8th April.