Here's a reminder of the rules and scoring for club events (some events have additional scoring adjustments):
Club Championship Rules
Members are advised that points are allocated as follows in each event/class:
1st Place = 25 points
2nd Place = 20 points
3rd Place = 15 points
4th Place = 10 points
Additionally, each competitor receives 5 points for turning up and entering any event as long as they fly at least once (but only 5 points in total even if you enter more than one class).
- There must be at least 3 competitors in any class or category for placing points to be awarded (and otherwise that competition event/class is deemed cancelled, but entrants who did fly an aircraft will still get the 5 points for entering).
- If there are 6 or more entries in any class or category of competition then the first 4 placings will receive points.
- If there are 5 competitors then the first 3 placings will receive placing points.
- If there are 3 or 4 competitors then the first 2 placings will receive placing points.
- For any competitor to gain the once only 5 points for entering the competition they must fly - at least once.
- If there is a tie, the 2 (or more) competitors take the tied position and the position(s) below and share the points for those positions (so, if two people tie for first, they share the points for first and second and the next placed competitor is third).
- If there is more then 1 category in the competition, a competitor is eligible to obtain position points in each category they enter.
- The 2 day State Pattern competition is not included in the club points score competition.
- A competitor may compete with an aircraft he does not own.
- Phoenix Scanner or Phoenix Tiger 3 built as standard, with minor modifications to trim/covering to aid identification when several are flying together
- No changes to airframe, undercarriage layout etc, but you can change number of servos (eg convert to two aileron servos etc) and you can change hardware, linkages etc to suit your preference
- If the plane comes with a spinner, it must have a similar spinner fitted to compete
- Any ordinary sport IC motor up to 46 size - glow, diesel or petrol. No rear exhaust, no specially tuned motors, no exotic racing engines (so OS, Super Tigre, Thunder Tiger, ASP, GMS etc would be fine, provided they were 46 or under (no 47 or over!!!))
- APC 11X6 prop suitable for IC motors - no other makes or sizes
- Standard exhaust - no taking out baffles or adding tuned pipes
- Standard fuel - up to 10% nitro in glow fuel
- Events - at least 2 scoring event days, each with pylon racing and combat, plus several other scoring and non-scoring events during the year
- Models can be replaced in the event of a damage
- Only one pilot per model at each event (ie no model sharing)
- Open to bronze, silver and gold wings
- Pylon will be reno start (ie aircraft are airborne and circle before the countdown), max 6 planes, each plane will usually fly in 3 heats, 8 laps per plane. 5 points for first, 4 for second, 3 for 3rd, 2 for fourth, 1 for fifth (this applies even if only 3 compete - still 5 for first, 4 for second, 3 for third)