WRCS Forums - House Rules
Please observe the following forum rules and guidelines. The forums are moderated by volunteers, and they have the right to edit or remove content and to suspend forum members for inappropriate conduct at their own discretion!
General Rules & Regulations
1. To post on these Forums you should be a member of WRCS with a username and password - available form the website - wrcs.org.au. Registration is free, simple & requires you to provide a valid email address.
2. Your username MUST include your real name to avoid the anonymous posting issues that forums often suffer. If you have registered a username for the site that does not identify you, then every posting must finish with your real name. If you want to change your username, drop a line to the editor or webmaster and they will help you do this.
3. Material posted to the Forums must not contain any inappropriate content that others may find objection to. This includes (but is not limited to):
3.1. Foul language
3.2. Obscene or pornographic material
3.3. Bigoted, hateful or racially offensive material
3.4. Anything that defames, abuses or threatens others, or names any individual in a negative context
3.5. Anything that would disappoint, upset, or distress other readers or could cause others to take offence
3.6. Critical opinions of commercial products (in view of the legal implications for the individual and the club in the event that a manufacturer or supplier chooses to take action against either)
3.7. Most importantly, anything that could bring the club into disrepute, that threatens the enjoyment and rights of the club and the club members or, in any way, is not in the club's interests should not be posted under any circumstances
4. The Forums have been designed to cover a wide range of topics. Please keep your message relevant to the string topic & do not spam the Forums with the same post and please use, only, the Forum that best suits the topic.
5. Please consider the size of any forum posting - keep it brief and, if you wish to attach large files, please arrange with the webmaster or editor to have these handled appropriately. Space is limited!
6. Any personal or private messages are best dealt with via normal email (or face to face/telephone).
7. Direct advertising of products and services or ANY form of commercial or promotional solicitation through the Forums is not allowed, other than the use of the Marketplace forum for personal RC related transactions
8. Any article or message posted to the Forums, unless that of the WRCS Editor, represent the views of the author only, and in no way represent the views and opinions of WRCS, the committee or editorial team
9. WRCS reserves the right to delete or edit any message posted to the Forums.
10. The Editor and Moderator will use their absolute discretion when cropping or changing content. In general they will have an accurate picture of the Club wishes expressed by members at the monthly club meetings.
Disputes: Different opinions & beliefs can lead to a lively debate but, due to the nature of Forums, this can quickly deteriorate into a slanging match. This cannot be good for the forums or club and forum users can do much to avoid this problem;
a. Respect others rights & be tolerant of other peoples views, no matter how much they differ from your own.
b. Do not resort to name calling or personal insults under any circumstances.
c. Do not type in anger - think it through first.
Courtesy: A bit of common courtesy on the boards goes a long way. It doesn't take too much effort to say please & thankyou when seeking advice or assistance from others. Also please refrain from typing in capital letters, it looks like you're SHOUTING at someone.