Stan has finished his Tri Pacer. Want to read the story? Does it fly? Go to Member's Articles by clicking HERE and you can read all 8 parts of the build story, along with a lot of other good stuff.
Sunday 30th April is our 1st Scale Day of this calendar year.
The field will be closed to sport flying for the day - it's scale aircraft only, with a break for one-make pylon at lunchtime.
Test flying from 9am, pilot briefing at 9:30 and, as usual, and there will be a sausage sizzle, cold and hot drinks available.
Just a heads-up that Saturday 12th August is a new event for our club, this year, in response to a number of requests for a non-competitive scale event.
All members are invited, and visitors are welcome.
The event will run from 8am to 5pm and will include:
1) Barbecue - the gas barbecue will be available for all members to use. Please bring your own food and drinks. The club won't be catering this one
2) Scale fun fly - no judging, no competition, just a general scale sport event
3) open and sport flying - bring and fly whatever you want
4) Quirky stuff - we'll have a lighthearted competition for people who like flying diesels, vintage, autogyros, flying toilet seats and other wierd stuff - especially home designed!
5) Boot sale - bring your own tressle and try and shift your treasure (and trash). This replaces the trash and treasure acution for this year
6) Racing - tiger/scanner, open IC pylon, open electric pylon, and maybe some slow stuff as well.
The idea is that this will be a casual event, all for fun, and we hope that members and their families will come along and support it.